03 March, 2008

Homework...the bane of college students

I always have so much homework. Every time I take fifteen minutes to try to relax, all I can think about are the fifteen other things I should be doing. It's not that I'm behind in my classes, because I'm not. It's just that keeping up requires constant studying, constant reading. It's irritating when I stop doing homework at 10:30-11 at night...although lately it's been more like 11:30, and I still haven't finished what I was hoping to accomplish. It's not a matter of getting distracted by the computer like I used to. I rarely sit at the computer when doing homework anymore. I usually sit on the floor, on a giant pillow. (It's a lot more comfortable that you would think.) I have to surrender to my Maker, because I am constantly feeling irritated at the fact that I always feel just one step behind where I want to be. I get things done in time for class, but it's usually that I finish later than I would like. I'm learning again how much I am -NOT- in control. With my personality, that is not something I like at all. I want to feel in charge, in control, ahead of the game. I'm usually one of those people who would like to arrive at least 5-10 early, and that's pretty much impossible all the time now. I have to learn, yet again, or rather, still, to trust in the Lord with all my heart. Proverbs 3:5-6 has been something I claimed as "my verses" since I was about 7 years old. I think God might have laughed when I said that. Not that He was laughing at me, but I'm sure He knew how much of a struggle it would be for me to relinquish the control I love to have. So here I am, once again, surrendering my will, surrendering to His, surrendering the control.

2 comments:

Blessed son of the King said...

It wasn't all that long ago I was doing the same thing.
You will get through it and you'll learn the things about yourself that God wants you to know. And you'll be stronger in who He has made you to be, and stronger in your faith in Him.
I'm very proud of you!

Chris Krycho said...

I'm in college... I don't have time to do homework! *grins* I understand the feeling, trust me. You'll get better and better at it - both at studying, and at managing your time. You'll probably always feel that little bit behind, but (1) you'll get used to it and (2) you'll get less and less behind, and more capable of dealing with it when you do get behind. And you'll be handling far more work in a year, and handling it fine... God teaches us a ton about managing our time well here in college.

I love you!