This time of year is my favorite.
The time when the flowers bloom.
The sun shines, the lilacs waft their fragrant smell.
The butterflies flit across the grass.
They remind us what is important in life.
One of my favorite quotes says, "Life is not the amount of breaths you take, it is the amount of moments that take your breath away." Today, I had one of those moments. Sitting in the backyard, reading my book while eating breakfast, I was enjoying the sun. I stopped reading when movement caught my eye, and I was delighted. I got to watch a butterfly dance around the backyard. The coloring was vibrant, and for one brief second, it landed on the lilac bush. The perfect contrast of colors. The brilliant yellow and black against magenta.
It was gorgeous.
It was perfect.
It was a tremendous blessing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
The biggest blessing is taking the time to notice what you were able to partake of...
The creation that God has surrounded us with for us to enjoy!
Post a Comment