Okay, so this is not a deep post, but here it is.
Why is it that when there is a police officer on the side of the road, people slow way more than is necessary? I understand not wanting to get a ticket, but, there are a couple of problems with this way of thinking.
A: Your speed has already shown up on his/her radar screen, probably before you even saw him/her.
B: If the speed limit is 40mph, go 40mph. The police officer is not going to pull you over for going the speed limit. Why? WHY does everyone feel the need to slow down to 25mph?
I could not tell you how many times I have seen traffic backed up for one reason: because people slow down to 20mph because of a police officer on the side of the road.
Don't do this! It is irritating! Just drive the speed limit, and you don't have to worry about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You are attempting to apply rational reasoning to irrational thinking.
Nice thought though.
Post a Comment