26 February, 2008
Blessings!
I am so blessed. Everything in my life has been a trial, and yet, it's so exciting, I'm jumping up and down! The Lord has given me wonderful friends and family who support me in absolutely everything, and whom I can talk to about absolutely everything! I love that with those closest to me, I can laugh, I can cry, and I can just be myself, and not have to stop and wonder what they're going to think. It's so freeing! I have become so much more confident this semester, sometimes I stop and go, wow, that's me? It's actually amusing, and slightly frightening. I've changed so much, but it's not something that people stop and say, "what happened to you?" It's something where people notice, but it's a good thing, and as my wonderful room mate pointed out, "you've become a lot more confident and comfortable in who you are." This is such a huge blessing to me, because it's something I, my family, and my closest friends have all prayed for for such a long time. To see prayers answered is amazing! It's not astonishing, God tells us He will answer the desires of our heart, if they are godly desires, things He would wish for us... but even still, I marvel. I marvel at the amazing love that He has that He is willing to take the time to wear me down to the point I have to rely on Him. When I say He "wears me down" I don't mean that in a negative way, I just mean it takes me way longer than it should to come to the end of myself where I rely entirely on Him for my comfort and support. When I finally reach that place, that's when I have peace, that's when I have confidence, that is when I am at rest. "For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Isn't God good to you?
You're seeing what we've been talking about in that college is about so much more than just becoming more educated - it's about growing up and learning who you are - In your case, who you are in Christ.
Yay for the good grade on the chem test!
LY -- Papa
Wow, you are amazing in that you are seeing everthing we have seen for a long time. You are an awesome person and also footed strongly with Christ. I have so much respect for you and am very proud of you. Love, Mom
Hey Beth that anonymous one was me,
Denise Weiner not your mom. I thought I was reading Lindsey's not yours. I am proud of you and excited for you to enjoy school so much.
Denise
Post a Comment