29 April, 2008

God's plans are perfect

So this semester, well, really this entire year has been about learning that God's plans for me are perfect. It's been frustrating, irritating, and all around a not very fun experience. I like being in control of things. I like knowing what's coming, knowing what's going on, and all around, just knowing how life will look today and down the road. Yeah, any preconceived notions I might have had at the beginning of the year, pretty much all of them are gone. I have no idea why God works the way He chooses to, I just have to take on faith *which is hard for me* that He knows what is best for me. Sometimes I don't see it, but I know that when I look back, I will understand why some of the trials I have faced have been a part of my life. Some things, I can see now, why certain relationships ended, why certain things happened. Other things, I have absolutely no idea what the point is. I know God does, I'm not wavering in that, I just can't see it, and that is extremely frustrating to me. My heart is at peace, but my head is spinning a thousand miles a minute *which is very dizzying after a while* and I can't seem to get ahead. I cannot wait for summer, because while I will be working a bunch and taking a summer class, at least it will be less hectic than life is now. Living in the dorms has been a huge blessing, and a huge learning experience, and I would not trade it for anything. However, I am very much looking forward to moving home, away from the social overload that the dorms are. I'm looking forward to living with my family again for the summer, and I'm definitely looking forward to real food and no more tofu. :) All of this to say, I am doing well, frustrated, but trusting, and there are only 17 days until I am done with school!!! :D

2 comments:

Kerry Krycho said...

He is certainly moving you onward toward the goal...and in two short weeks, my girl will be home. :D

Blessed son of the King said...

I know it's been a tough year, but it has been good for you.

We're looking forward to having you home too.