21 May, 2008

Home and stuff

Well, I am officially all moved home. Yesterday was my first real day off in I don't know how long. I am totally exhausted at this point, but I don't really have time to take time off. I start my summer class in a week and a half, which I'm both looking forward to and kind of dreading. I know that this class will be good, and there is a purpose for it, I'm just too tired to think about studying that much again. I know God will meet me. In the mean time, I have to work on cleaning my room, because it looks like a bomb went off, and then a tornado went through. It's driving me crazy, which means my dad is going absolutely bonkers. Anywho, I'm settling back into the routine of living at home, it's just going to take some adjusting for everyone. On a different note, my best friend graduated from high school today. :) Yay!!!! She is like my sister, since we have literally known one another our entire lives. I am so excited for her! It brings back so many memories for me. To think it was this time last year that I did all the same things...yet now, that seems so long ago. It really is a different world, a different way of living now. It wasn't really all that long ago, yet it feels like a different life time. So much has changed in the last year. I am so much more at peace with who God made me to be. I am content in knowing that I don't have to live up to people's standards, I don't have to conform or fit in with the "cool kids" *and yes, there are still "cool kids" in college* to be comfortable with myself. All things serve a purpose, and for me, what I've learned this year, as hard as it has been, is priceless, and I would not trade that for anything. Now I'm off to clean the room, and hopefully uncover the floor before bed tonight. God Bless!

2 comments:

Blessed son of the King said...

I like the new look of your blog.

I'm glad you're home and yes we all get to adjust... but it'll be a good adjusting.

As for your room... well you're home and well, I know you and that it takes you a while to get organized.
I'm just hoping it is clean before you head off to school again. ;)

levi Wall said...

ditto on the room thing... actually 2x ditto, because mine is probably way worse!